It's no shock the ocean can be a dangerous place for many reasons & animals. However in Florida it also involves surfers & Hurricanes too.
Here's how they rank out:
According to Travel Lens, here are America's "MOST Deadly Beaches.
1. New Smyrna Beach, Florida (8.14 danger score) *Shark attacks lead the wat at 32
2. Cocoa Beach, Florida (7.57 danger score) *Most surfer related injuries or deaths
3. Ormond Beach, Florida (7.48 danger score) * 8 surfer deaths & 4 shark attacks
4. Panama City Beach, Florida (7.16 danger score)
5. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (6.61 danger score)
6. Melbourne Beach, Florida (6.35 danger score)
7. Jacksonville Beach, Florida (6.02 danger score)
8. Oak Island, North Carolina (5.54 danger score)
9. Gulf Shores, Alabama (5.38 danger score)
10. Fort Lauderdale, Florida (5.37 danger score)
At the end of the day, pay attention to flags at the beach and listen to Lifeguards on duty.
photo: getty images